Buggy Blog

I'm not sure who has admin privileges on the Polander Post, but the page itself is rather buggy. The posts are hard to read and the links don't load properly. It's hard enough to get us to participate in anything, but if it doesn't even work right, there's even less hope. Just rantin'.

New year, so I guess news would be in order. Wish I had some. My kids that are in school are still in school and advance through school at the usual rate of progress. This is not to say that they have done nothing to be proud of, just that none of it has associated titles and honors to brag about. Well enough. Those things tend to rub me wrong, since I have rarely seen one that could be won on merit alone. There's always an element of politicking to it. Much as I find politics interesting, it's not something I want to participate in directly.

What else? Personally, nothing's new. I'm still a nurse, divorced, not dating anyone, kind of a mediocre Mormon, no calling, no dreams or goals, no purpose other than providing income to feed my offspring, etc. I do still know lots of pointless little bits of trivia and I am pretty certain I am smarter than a fifth grader. For what that's worth. Sure, I'm negative. What's there to be positive about?

This is vaguely like fun. I feel like I am throwing paint on a blank white wall that no one's ever going to see anyway. The Apocalypse came and went and I am just standing here in an empty cityscape, and yet nothing feels any different. Maybe someday, some Polander descendants will find their way back into this desolation and read this in wonder like some sort of text cave painting, and ask, "What does it mean?" Answer: "We came from a bunch of loonies." Maybe not. The reading it part, I mean. No question of the loonie part.

Who are you people anyway? I seem to think I knew some of you once, but I think about it and realize those people are gone. I don't know any of you. Perhaps, this is how vampires feel. Not like these stupid pop culture "cool" blood-sucking types. I'm talking real, soul-less undead. Not even an occasional snack of warm blood or turning into a bat, or even having amazing powers to captivate the opposite sex sort. Just hanging around lifeless because you can't die type.

So, I sit here and type drivel because maybe on some level it's preferable to trying to level up a gnome warlock just to find out there's nothing to do then but raid and no one wants me on their stinking raid, but at least I can level up my fishing just to say I did. Oh, and on the nights I work, I get to clean up other people's poop. Life is good.
4 Responses
  1. Sheryl Says:

    It's an interesting analogy, especially since I just completed an art history course and recently looked at the work of Jackson Pollock.
    I supposed I should comment more, so you know at least someone is reading. But I don't want to start up another battle of words. I appreciate your perspective.
    I had the opportunity to see a Pollack up close. I have learned to appreciate his perspective as well.
    Sheryl


  2. Marie Says:

    Uncle David-
    Based on your comment- "I do still know lots of pointless little bits of trivia and I am pretty certain I am smarter than a fifth grader. For what that's worth." I have determined the ability to remember completely random and probably pointless information must be genetic because I have it bad. Seriously. Thanks for the post and the reassurance that it's not just. By the way, sorry I have been neglectful- I have been studying for two tests to get a couple more endorsements on my teaching license and that has taken over my time. I will try and be more diligent.


  3. David Says:

    I was under the impression that I had the settings changed to notify me if someone responded, so I would know to check back instead of overwhelming myself with a daily sense of futility. In any case, I appreciate that someone else is peeking in. I don't expect a consensus from this family of any kind, nor was there even an indication that we had partial consensus to use this site as a central information repository, but since there was so much opposition (or at least indifference) to Facebook, I hoped this would serve. Maybe it still might eventually.

    I guess I don't have to feel like I am the most undisciplined member of the clan. We don't have a duty to check this site, or any other, I suppose, but we do have a duty to communicate and try to strengthen our familial bonds. (If you don't get the words, look them up.) I won't apologize for writing like stereo instructions, or like a child, intellectual or whatever. I will write, though, and I will continue to insist that we have to unify as a family. I am past caring whether some of you want to or not. Whatever problems you have with other members of the family are completely irrelevant. We all chose or were chosen to be part of this family and I think it's time to stop questioning that and start trying to accomplish whatever it was that we were fore-ordained to do.


  4. David Says:

    Ranting is kind of pointless if no one is reading it.