Believe it or not: Good News!

One thing (or I should say, many things) I have always had trouble with is daily observance of religious rituals such as scripture study, etc. I've had bursts of keeping up with daily prayers, and even read scriptures a few days in a row at times. I've never been able to do it long enough or sincerely enough to be able to test if the various related blessings would come about.

Some time ago, (I stopped counting days when I realized I was committed to it) Lora (my 20yo daughter, who lives me while attending college) and I started to pray and read daily. We had to motivate each other at times, but we managed to keep it up and not miss a day. Considering the results, I think we can stay devoted to it.

Miracles have abounded. Some did not appear to be blessings at first, but when all did become clear it was plain that what resulted could only happen that way. To preserve privacy, I can't go into a great deal of detail. I'll just say that we are seeing our family unity strengthen daily; some people who have not been to church in years have now gone two weeks in a row without any prompting from us personally. Sure, we were praying for them and we refused to be distracted when they seemed annoyed at our insistence on reading, but it was still surprising when they chose to go to church on their own.

I have also had a number of life-changing events personally. It started with a rather severe attack of whatever-it-is-that-Polanders-are-prone-to. I don't care what it's called, I just know that it really screwed me up. I got connected with still another set of mental health professionals, but these ones seem to be on to something. I'm still a little nervous about hoping for things to get better, but I've also never felt quite like I am feeling now. I feel strong and competent, and look forward to the rest of my life. I had gotten to the point that every day that I woke up, I went "crap, I'm not dead." No hint of that today.

I've been exercising daily. I have no craving for junk food, though sometimes it seems enticing at first, it doesn't overpower my desire to be healthy, so I pass it up. This wasn't even a conscious choice. It just came naturally as I felt better about living. I give the medications some credit, as well as the physical activity, FAITH and some other positive occurences. I'm also not having unrealistic expectations. I am taking it slowly, and methodically. I don't so much feel great as I just feel good, and I trust that more.

As always, I know that no one is reading the blog, but eventually someone will. In the meantime, I'm using it for my personal journal. May as well.
0 Responses